Labels

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week 1: My Voice

My name is Marissa Brooks I’m 21 year young fashion enthusiast. I was born in Denver Colorado and moved to San Francisco when I was 5 and then moved to Las Vegas. I’ve been in Vegas ever since. On my free time I like to spend time with my family, and friends, shop, watch movies, party, DIY (do it yourself), and blog. I live and breathe color, texture and clothing. Ever since I can remember I’ve always been interested in the arts. I’ve grown a passion for drawing and photography, but nothing compares to the way I feel about clothing. I don’t necessarily want to design clothes with my future, but I would love to style and eventually own my own boutique.  I like taking control and being a leader and I feel like styling puts me in that place. People listen to my thoughts and it makes me feel powerful. I think that owning my own boutique would help me feel this way as well, since I like to be a leader and make important decisions. I know it’s a risk, but you can do anything you set your mind to and if your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.Attending the art Institute was the first step in making my dreams come true and I’m more than thrilled that I made the decision to enroll myself in it. It may be very expensive but I know all my hard work will pay off in the long run. I’ve had my family doubt me before, and it made me feel like nothing, but I’ve realized that’s a motivator. I want to make my family proud, but more importantly I want to make myself proud. I’ve never really done anything big to show my worth, but I have a yearning in myself to become something more and push myself to the stars, even the galaxy. I’ve worked in retail before, and it’s something I’d love to continue for the rest of my life. All colors, textures, patterns and shoes intrigued me and helped give me my keen sense in style. I still flip through magazines without reading the words just to look at the pictures. I’m a very visual and hands on person. On my free time I like to create things, such as jewelry. I like to make rings out of wire headbands out of chains. I also make some of my own clothing. Why pay $80 or more for a high-waisted pair of shorts when I can go to Goodwill and make a pair for myself for $5? I have over 20 pairs of shorts I’ve made. I like to cut them, dye them, bleach them and stud them. I like to make them my own and many people have encouraged me to see them. Maybe I could be an entrepreneur on the side as well. I believe I am multitalented. I love to draw. Everyone strives to become successful in his or her lifetime; it’s the American Dream. I wouldn’t be anywhere without my family though. Their support helps strive me to put 100% into my actions and I know they’re always by my side. Passion is something you follow and I intent to follow my dreams and passions for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment